Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Car Singers Annonymous

Is there anything better than driving in your car while listening to a great CD and singing along at the top of your lungs? I say unto you, Nay. Sometimes, it's just the bit of therapy I need to stay sane. When life gives you lemons, squeeze them into a cup and drink it down to soften up your vocal chords! Nothing calms me down after a stressful day at work better than climbing into my 2003 Honda Civic, throwing in Ingrid Michaelson's "Everybody" album and singing along.

Call me old fashioned, but I still burn mix CD's of my favorite songs to sing in the car. I probably have half a dozen CD's entitled "sing a-long" or something to that effect. I never listen to the radio because I waste too much time listening to stupid commercials and annoying DJ blabber and barely have time to sing out a single lyric to a song I actually know. Don't judge me. I'm sure someday I'll buy an i-Pod and catch up with the rest of the world, but until that day, I'm a CD-burning machine!

And another thing, I don't understand why I don't see anyone else singing in their cars during my commutes to and from work. Maybe the world would have a lot less road rage if we were all smiling and singing along to our favorite tunes. I mean, can you really flip someone off during the harmonious climax of "Lean on me"? And, how can you call someone an idiot while belting out the lyrics to your favorite love ballad? All I know is that I don't see enough car singing. Something needs to change.



On a lighter note, it's not supposed to SNOW in MAY. I remember one time back home it snowed in April and we all thought the world was coming to an end. But here it's TYPICAL to see snow in May and June??? I thought I left all that behind in Idaho! Well, I guess it will make the summertime that much sweeter. (and that much shorter...)

2 comments:

Eric said...

I sing in my car all the time!

I think that some people would get more road rage from listening to their music - because of the type of music they're listening to! But you're right, singing along to a song is sweet.

Summer needs to come. :)

Rachel said...

I sing in my car ALL the time too! And I agree with your comments about the radio - I have Sirrus satellite radio right now so I have 200 channels that never play what i am in the mood to sing to...

Spring can't decide if it wants to come and stay here either! But at least we don't have snow.

Miss you!

Listen to Zannie85s Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones