Sunday, February 07, 2010

Number One

Okay, so I have been telling myself for years that I should start a blog. I always thought that blogs were for married people to post pictures of their dogs and videos of their kids playing with their food. Yet, seeing as I own neither a dog nor a child, starting a blog was something I have always put off. But, now that I am starting this new chapter in my life, (ie: graduating from college, moving out on my own, finding a career and hopefully dating) I feel like it is an appropriate time to add my voice to the masses on the blog-isphere.
So you may be wondering, "Zannah, why 'Potatoes and Ice Cream'?" And that, my friend, is a good question. The name of a blog is very important. It says something to the world, it draws people in, like a good tag line to an advertising campaign. I thought long and hard about the title for my blog and in the end, this was one that I felt good about. I feel that my title is simple, yet fun, random and intriguing. All things that I wanted my blog to convey. Potatoes and Ice Cream are my two most favorite foods in the whole world. I could eat them every day and never tire of them. When people ask me "what's your favorite food?" I'd always say "potatoes and ice cream...but not together." That is, until one day i found myself dipping my french fries into my blizzard at Dairy Queen and realized that I was mistaken. They ARE my favorite foods and they DO go well together. :-)
So I hope you enjoy reading my posts and I also hope you leave lots of comments. I am looking forward to the year 2010 for many reasons. I have set some goals that I hope to achieve, I am living in a new place with new people and look forward to making lots of new friends and having new experiences often. It's exciting and SCARY all at the same time. But I am confident that I'm not doing it on my own, and I know I'll be alright.

4 comments:

Susan Knight said...

I can feel your excitement. You will only excel in your new life. That's just so you....

Aldo said...

ok ...me hizo mucha gracia lo de las papas y el helado pero .....no , no lo probaria mmmmmm si lo intentare y luego te digo....congratulations for start you own blog !!!!!

Shayla said...

don't be afraid! Unless it's of your potatoes and ice cream....blech...

Eric said...

Good luck! Just remember, no matter what, life rocks - if you rock it!

I just came up with that awesome cliche-sounding phrase all on my own.

Listen to Zannie85s Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones