Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentines and Bed Sheets

I must admit. I am not a huge fan of Valentine's Day. Call it bitterness, indifference. Whatever you want. Both of those may or may not be correct. However, I do say that this year's Valentine's Day/weekend has been the best ever, by far. I went on a crazy fun triple date with some Awesome people on Friday. Let's just say tacos, Balderdash AND Mario Kart were all involved...need I say more?? Saturday I spent the the evening with one of my favorite people in the world, my roommate. We went to a "mocktail" party. Which is basically the LDS (dry) version of a cocktail party. However, it does not take booze to make me tipsy. About three drinks in, I lost all brain filter/control abilities. But it was fun. I drank so much, I tripped up the stairs of the next house we visited. I don't even think I want to imagine myself with actual liquor in my system. Scary! The night ended with the viewing of one of my favorite movies of all time, "How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days." Sunday was the cherry on top of an amazing weekend. Church was especially amazing. Sacrament meeting was very inspirational. The topic? Why, Love and relationships of course! Though, each meeting was uplifting and spiritual, I must admit, the thing that left me pleased as punch was the fact that I gave my number out to two awesome guys today! Disclaimer: Guys don't ask for my number very often, so two in one day is probably some kind of record for me. All in all, it was the best Valentine's that I have ever had, which just reassures me more and more that I am exactly where I need to be right now. It also goes to show that you don't need an actual Valentine to enjoy the idea behind Valentine's Day. If you look around yourself, you'll see that you are surrounded with people that you love and people who love you back. Even if it's not in a romantic kind of way.

On a lighter note, I really need to wash my bed sheets. Every time that I set out to do it, the laundry room is occupied. I mean, bed sheets aren't something you can just throw into the washer overnight or something and then forget about it. If I don't get them washed, I have nowhere to sleep at night! Deciding to wash your sheets is a real commitment. Maybe I should just buy a second set of sheets so I have something to use while I wait for the time to wash the first set. But is that just being lazy? Can my laziness really justify the 15 bucks I'd spend on a while new set of sheets. All because I can't manage my time well enough to fit in a load of laundry?? Am I the only one with this dilemma? ...probably

2 comments:

Sarah Nitta said...

Yay Mija!!! I love your new blog! I am not the best at blogging, nor do I have a dog or a baby, so I post stupid things, but it is so fun to read other peoples thoughts. I am so glad that you had a good Valentine's Day. Those boys better call because you are a hottie. You need to find a butt hole of your own. Haha, that made me laugh that when I read that. LOVE YOU MY LOVEY!

Kirsty Michaelis said...

Def. worth the 15 bucks! I have 5 sets of sheets just!!! Now granted I think thats probably a little overboard but its nice not having to worry about doing the laundry the second your strip the bed :). Or you know, you could invest in a a nice sleeping bag ;p.

Listen to Zannie85s Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones