Thursday, February 11, 2010

What is "it"?

So I was talking to a friend tonight about graduating from school and how much life changes afterwards. It is funny how for SO long you measure your life in "semesters" or at times "transfers." It gives you a unit of measurement for life and something to look forward to. You can tell how fast time is going when you reach the end of a semester and look back and think "where did that semester go!?" I was telling my friend how the other day I was noticing how fast time was going by and thought to myself "wow it's going by so fast!" Then I realized that I didn't know what "it" was! I have no unit of measurement anymore. I have no end of anything to look forward to. Just life, one day at a time. It really rocked my world when I came to that realization. I need to find some kind of measuring tool for life.

On a lighter note, my new job as a carrier services representative at a logistics company sure has kept life interesting. I love that I get to talk to all kinds of people from all over the nation every day. It's amazing what some people will say to you (especially in the transportation industry). The other day a woman was talking about one of her drivers and how she was going to make him take a load because he was on his way back home. She's like "Well, he's my husband so I can make him do it. Sometimes he can be such a grumpy butt hole!" It took me completely by surprise because she was such a sweet sounding woman. It took everything inside me not to burst out into laughter...actually, I'm pretty sure I did. Maybe you don't think it's that funny, but you just had to hear her and the way she said it. Picture an older woman with a southern drawl (the nicest sounding woman by the way) suddenly calling her husband a butt hole. It sure made my day.


P.S. Right now Aeropostale is collecting jeans to donate to homeless families. I highly recommend you clean out your closets and take in what you can. It only lasts until this Sunday the 14th!


3 comments:

Shayla said...

I was so excited I thought this was going to be about the "it" girl and all the characteristics of said girl. I was excited so I could start developing those and maybe get a date! But...your "it" post was good too. :)

Rachel said...

I added you to my blog list but wasn't sure how to let you know I'm following you on yours - mine is rkellys.blogspot.com - come on over!

Aldo said...

=) ... lol

Listen to Zannie85s Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones