Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Western Transplant

I have had many conversations with various people on the subject of my feelings about living out West. I'll admit that living here was never something I aspired to or even really wanted to do. I've always been quite content living on the East Coast. However, now that I am here, I realize that I couldn't be happier. It is amazing how quickly the people here have opened up to me and let me into their world. I never imagined it would be so easy to make so many friends so quickly. I've made friends from all over the nation, and even the world. It's also quite funny to admit that the one guy who really likes me and I know wants to date me doesn't even speak my language...
But it is so great to be able to drive down the street and see people I know, or timidly go to a church activity, not knowing if I'd know anyone there, and leave having met three new friends. I look back on the decision of whether to move home or here, and I know without a shadow of a doubt that I have made the right decision.

On a lighter note, I was sitting on my bed watching *coughthebachelorcough* excuse me...and I saw a SPIDER slink down from my ceiling onto the end of my bed. A shrieked (I am such a girl when it comes to spiders) and leaped for something to smash it with (the best I could muster up was a huge bottle of contact solution) and began to frantically smash at it. It snuck into a purse that was sitting on the floor and I hacked at it with that bottle like there was no tomorrow....however, I am not sure if I killed it or not. And now my whole body itches and I'm worried that I won't be able to sleep very well. Eek! Guess I won't be using that purse again any time soon.

2 comments:

Aldo said...

jaja poor spider!!!.. creo que si paso a mejor vida y vino a picarte en forma de spiritu por lo violenta que fuiste jajaja keep doing right i love you blog is funny

Rachel said...

I feel the same way about spiders!!!! love your blog

Listen to Zannie85s Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones